Open Science Community Groningen
- Schedule Program Event 23 November, 2023
- Event OSCG: Celebrating Openness: Open Research & Public Engagement📅 Save the Date: November 23, 2023 ⏰ Time: 13:00 – 17:00 📍 Where: UMCG, Keuningzaal (3214.0063) 💰 Price: Free Celebrating Openness: Open Research & Public Engagement The Open Science Community Groningen (OSCG) will be hosting the Celebrating Openness: Open Research …
Our mission is to make it easier for everyone at the University of Groningen (RUG) and the University Medical Center (UMCG) to facilitate large-scale adoption of open, reproducible, and responsible scientific methods.
Examples of practices are, but not limited to:
- Open Access publishing – Making research articles available to everyone for free.
- Preregistration – Sharing research plans before conducting the study to increase transparency.
- Publishing null-findings – Sharing results even if they don’t support the original hypothesis.
- Replication – Repeating experiments to ensure the results are reliable.
- Sharing data and code – Making research data and software code available for others to use
The OSCG aims to make research more accessible and reproducible by:
- Providing workshops, lectures, and materials on our website to help people understand and use open science practices.
- Bringing together people who are interested in open science and supporting existing open science initiatives.
- Promoting responsible research practices and policies that encourage open science.
Our focus is on researchers and students who are open-minded and curious about open science, even if they have little to no experience with it. We believe that this group presents a great opportunity to promote open access and open science practices on a larger scale. However, researchers who already have some experience in open science are also more than welcome.
The OSCG (Open Science Community Groningen) is a platform where these researchers and students can acquire new skills, share their knowledge, and articulate the support they need to make the transition to open science. Within this community, researchers can connect with one another and with experts and facilitators of open science, such as the library, the Research Support department, and the Open Access and Open Science projects.
In addition, the OSCG aims to increase the visibility and accessibility of open science, both within and beyond the University of Groningen (RUG) and the University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG).